Monday, September 27, 2010

the temple is in shambles

Simple things. It comes down to simple things. Simple things that you don't realize you have lost. I actually had a day off today.

An actual day off, a day to write. A day free from my social, familial, and economic responsibilities. Finn was off cavorting with his Grammy. I was off from work. And I was actually able to start writing the novel. Then I went to the library to clear my head, came back and scrapped the whole thing and was able to actually get the first pages written in a tone that did not wholly upset me. It's not where I want it yet, but it's closer. And then I was able to do research reading, lounging in the sun, listening to my iPod out by the pool. I know have some inkling why some people like it down here. Not my cup of tea, really, but at least I can understand it now.


[dinner interlude, music provided by JoyCan]


My life is in something of a disarray. Today was good. It was a help, a reminder that things could be better. Than not everything is stress and running around on other people's schedules and supervising my infant and the ones I work with. Sometimes it's a book, a pool chair, and dozing in the sun. I needed to be reminded.

Now the goal is to write more than two pages a week (so that I can finish a draft in a couple months rather than a couple years). We'll see.

No comments: