Thursday, February 5, 2009

a man likes signs and likes them clear

The difficulty with a prolonged absence (though I hesitate to use such a loaded term, new posts are absent, but I would not want to imply that I have been absent from the blog so as to equally imply the possibility of presence (digital self-presence, the telos of a certain internet tendency) - a concept that I do not and cannot agree with and now I am unraveling on a minor point that it almost seems like I brought up just to explain an idea that no one besides me and my computer care about) on a blog is the inevitable drop in readership - not that I ever had much to begin with. Someone should do something about that.

Anyway, slogging my way through Derrida, and now Barthes (but this text from back when he was a little too Structuralist for my taste, for my use in the thesis). But at least the Daily Show is on Hulu, I have subpar coffee to swill, and I've already read most of the essays translated in Image Music Text.

I need a new cell phone.

And there will be beer tonight.

I'm even boring myself. I have been advised instead of writing about the minutia of the moment at which I open Blogger I should instead write about tits. Next time, Gadget. Next time.

No comments: