Wednesday, November 12, 2008

passing back over the origin; an archeology

So.

Let's put it this way. I have been terrible at blogging. Posts have gone up rarely and with no continuity. Commentary was not provided. Intellectual links were not made. Yes, I did want this to be a vehicle primarily for pieces of short fiction, but that has proven itself insufficient. Not wanting this to be my third failed blog I have resolved to do something. Hopefully it will stick.

Given that I am going to be writing a master's thesis on blogging, I figure the best thing I can do for insights that won't necessarily come via research is to learn by doing. So even if no one reads or comments on this page to give credence to my claims about blogs as a medium and an explication of writing unbound by the codex, perhaps a tangential benefit. "Maybe it's something really cool that I don't even know about" (Frank "the Tank" Ricard).

I suppose we shall see. And at least I can go ahead and give myself permission to use the site as a venue for rants and other misguided attempts at cleverness that had thus far been excluded due to their not being "serious fiction writing".

So.

No comments: