- Say, “Hello.” (SMILE!)
- Give her a hug. DON’T BE AWKWARD
- Have a good conversation.
- Talk about her, NOT about yourself
- Tell her she is beautiful because SHE IS!!!
- Talk about other things.
- Things you have in common: what about Breakfast at Tiffany’s?
- Be a gentleman. Open doors and all that.
- Walk her to her door.
- Get a goodnight kiss. mih. DON’T BE AWKWARD.
“You could have it all: my empire of dirt. I will let you down. I will make you hurt.”
- Johnny Cash, “Hurt”
First: do no harm. Then: do no good.
- You don’t remember, do you?
- No, I don’t. I just can’t hear it anymore.
- It’s a shame. A fucking shame.
- I know. But she left me. She didn’t even say goodbye. How the fuck am I supposed to be?
- I don’t know. I’ve never cared enough to know.
I know this doesn’t sound like much of a compliment, but bear with me. You make me inarticulate. I never know what to say to you. Tell me what it is and I’ll say it. And yes, you do make my heart flutter. But just a little bit. You know, when I see you first, or you walk in the door and I happen to look up, or the other times.
- Do you think she’ll come back?
- No. I wouldn’t.
- But what about the rest of us?
- We’ll survive.
- But I don’t want to just ‘survive.’ I want more. I want it all.
- And you think you’re ready for that?
- I’m ready to try.
- Then I guess you should call her.
Maybe it’s time I let the Beast out of his cage.
it never rains but it pours